The Trimble® TX8 laser scanner sets new standards for performance and ease of use in high-speed collection of 3D data. Using a state-of-the-art blend of speed and long range precision, the Trimble TX8 delivers high quality results in civil survey, industrial measurement, engineering and construction. It's the scanner of choice for high levels of productivity, accuracy and flexibility.
- Increase field productivity with the fastest, high resolution scans on the market
- Confidence in data accuracy, clarity and richness
- True performance in real world environments
- Fast image capture to colorize scans with VISION™ technology
- Intuitive and easy to operate
- Data integrates with Trimble survey instruments and Trimble Realworks software
- Color touchscreen display and one-button scanning
- IP54 rating and protected mirror to capture data in demanding environments and bright sunlight
- Class 1 eye-safe laser make it safe to use in busy public places
- Weight of 11 kg, powered by lightweight, long-life lithium ion batteries
The Trimble TX8 Performance Capabilities
Trimble TX8 is a high-performance 3D laser scanning platform that makes it possible to accomplish projects more quickly than ever before. The Trimble TX8 is a GPS-enabled survey/mapping solution that provides continuous, centimeter-level positioning. It includes an accelerometer, barometer, and compass to provide an accurate 3D environment model. The mobile features include up to 12 hours of battery life with a commercially available external battery pack, a sunlight-readable touchscreen display, and one gigabyte of expandable memory. For long-range purposes, you can take advantage of the 340-meter range and expand your scope of work with greater ease. This is similar to having two scanners in one.
The Trimble TX8 is the first device to include three survey-grade sensors: an accelerometer, barometer, and digital compass. The accelerometer measures the pitch and roll orientation of the device in real scan time. The barometer enables a range of measurements of altitude as well as atmospheric pressure changes that can be used for weather studies. The digital compass keeps the device's position and heading true for 12 hours, depending on environmental factors.
Applications for Use
The TX8's user-friendly on-board interface reduces the time it takes to get up and running. Users will gain confidence in their ability to execute jobs right away. It provides continuous, centimeter-level positioning, enabling users to move from survey site to survey site easily.
High-accuracy GPS, an accelerometer barometer, and a digital compass give the Trimble TX8 advanced equipment control and data capture capabilities for complex laser scanning projects.
Additional sensors available as a factory option include a magnetometer, wet compass, and inclinometer. These additional sensors provide up to 5Hz GPS data, environmental data, and tilt information. The Trimble TX8 is ruggedized for use in the field and includes a sunlight-readable display. The new geodetic-grade Trimble S4 processor powers the device.