Data Processing Modules:
- Trajectory Processing: Improve the accuracy of the position and attitude of sensor collected during the flight. The Trajectory Processing module is a user friendly workflow for users to process raw GNSS data (with or without base station), hybridize IMU and GNSS data to produce a smooth trajectory file and export it as a EO/sbet files in the desired coordinate system. Users can validate the trajectory parameters before processing and obtain different types of EO files depending on the software they will use afterwards
- Geocoding: Anchor geographic coordinates to every point of your pointcloud. Geocoding transforms the raw data from the LiDAR (range and bearing angles), the GNSS and IMU (orientation and positioning) to 3D pointcloud and associated data. With the specifications of the raw data, Microdrones produces a geocoded pointcloud in geographic coordinates without any geodetic distortion, or in a local mapping frame specified by the user.
- Boresight Calibration: Correct boresight misalignment of your specific product. Calibration tackles the issue of the alignment of the LiDAR and the IMU body frames. While a data set may seem clear at high-scale, LiDAR to IMU boresight angles may produce some inconsistency in the data set. With the Microdrones LIBAC (LiDAR -IMU Boresight Automatic Calibration) tool, the misalignment is computed automatically and boresight angles can be applied to georeference the data set without any boresight bias.
- Strip Adjustment: Reinforce the consistency between LiDAR survey strips. The strip adjustment module is used to resolve misalignments that may exist between individual lidar strips and its overlapping neighbor. Even with a well calibrated system, there are navigation errors present due to the uncertainties inherent to an inertial navigations system. Just like the LiDAR sensor, the IMU and GNSS receiver have limitations to the precision that they can achieve. Fortunately, an estimation of these errors can be accounted for and addressed through the strip adjustment processes.
- Precision Enhancement: Remove outliers and reduce the noise level of your pointclouds. Precision enhancement solves the problem of outlier rejection and smoothing in a unified environment. Microdrones outlier rejection is based on density and morphology which enable the user to isolate points belonging to relevant structures. (e.g. poles, cables) The Microdrones smoothing module reduces the noise level while preserving edges and irregular features in the pointcloud.
- Ground Classification: Segment bare- Earth points from objects and vegetation in 3D pointclouds collected by LiDAR or photogrammetry. The mdInfinity Ground classification tool is based on a combination of several algorithms, including like frontier point analysis, segmentation, TIN densification. As such, it takes benefits of each of these methods and is able to classify ground points in very challenging environments. In particular, steep slope cliffs are correctly classified which enhance the resolution of ground Digital Terrain Models in proving more true positive ground points than other approaches.
*Can only be used with Microdrones products; software purchase is made at the time the drone is purchased