Introducing Spike: Measure Objects and Collect GPS Location From A Distance
Spike is a smart laser measurement solution for all types of geospatial applications. With Spike, you can quickly measure the width, height and area of objects, such as buildings or other assets, simply by taking a photo from your smartphone or tablet. In addition, you can measure the distance between two points and quickly and safely capture a target’s location, your location, and a georeferenced image of the target. Data collected with Spike can be imported into GIS software including Collector for ArcGIS® and Survey123 for ArcGIS®. Spike in Esri's ArcNews.
Article - Esri Releases Survey123 for ArcGIS with New Spike Integration • Blog Post - Using Spike® with Survey123 for ArcGIS
View top pre-purchase questions here.
- Photo Measure: real-time measurements. With Spike, your time to measure an object is reduced to minutes. Simply take a photo of the object you want to measure, such as a building or wall, using the Spike app and your smartphone or tablet. From that photo, capture measurements in real-time including height, width, area, length, and cutout area. Photos can be measured using the Spike app or the online-cloud based tools. You can access your photos at any time to remeasure, eliminating the need to return to the location for additional measurements. Spike’s photo measurement capability allows you to measure hard-to-reach objects that would have otherwise required additional equipment, labor or tools. All it takes is one person to capture all the measurements you need, and while at a safe location and distance. You can also correct for angles, using the alignment tool, to improve the accuracy of your measurements.
- Point-to-Point: measure the distance between two objects. Point-to-Point Measurements determines the distance between two objects. For example, to measure the distance between the side of a house and a nearby tree, a store front and a sign in the parking lot, the side of a highway and a light pole, a utility line and a tree or the ground up to the roof line of a house. Point-to-Point Measurements allows you to work quickly and capture hard-to-reach measurements from a safe distance. Simply aim Spike at the first object, such as the side of a house, and take a photo. Then, aim at your second object, such as a tree or fence, and take a photo. Spike then calculates the distance between those two objects. In addition to the distance measurement, Spike also calculates the linear distance for vertical and horizontal measurements.
- Measure from the app or from your desktop. Measure when and how you want using the Spike app on your smartphone or tablet, or from your desktop using the online-cloud based tools. Whether you work out in the field or in an office, you can view or measure your photos at any time. both the Spike app and Spike Cloud allow you to view, measure, export and share your Spike photos and measurements. Take a photo using the Spike app and your smartphone or tablet while out in the field, and either measure on site using the app, or upload your photos to the Cloud to measure back at the office. The Cloud can also be used by other team members so that they can view or edit the measurements they need to complete their job tasks.
- Export and share captured photos and measurements. All measurements are saved with the photo, and can be exported and shared with your team, colleagues or customers. Use the exported photo and measurements as photo verification for reports or estimates.The Spike app and Spike Cloud allow you to select the export format for your needs. From the Spike app you can export photos and measurements as a JPG, PDF, Spike file (XML), or KMZ. Spike files can be shared and edited between devices running the Spike app, and KMZ files can be imported into popular GIS tools, such as Google Earth. Photos that have been uploaded to the Cloud can be exported as a PDF, JPG (with measurements or image only) or a viewable URL.
Free Shipping* on a large assortment of survey, mapping and construction supplies and accessories.*
*Free shipping does NOT apply to paint, nails and flagging, unless expressly stated in a promotion. Free shipping applies to ground shipping to United States delivery addresses in the 48 contiguous states only. It is NOT available for orders to Hawaii, Alaska, or countries outside of the US. Order must be a minimum of $150 to qualify for free shipping (exact dollar amount is subject to change through promotions).
Shop with Confidence
Not only have we been partners to the survey, engineering and construction industry for decades, but we want to make sure your shopping experience at Duncan-Parnell is worry-free. That’s why we’re offering you our Price Match Guarantee on select products on our website.* If you find a lower price on any geospatial item (identical brand and model#) we sell, we’ll match it, up to 2 weeks after you purchase it.
How does it work?
- Purchase an eligible item (largely those from our geospatial category of products).
- Find a lower advertised price another retailer/company with the same brand and model #, and let us know within 14 days of your purchase.
- Duncan-Parnell will match it. Just call our toll-free geospatial customer service line at 1-833-834-3935
Terms & Exclusions:
- This offer applies only to advertised online price of identical items (brand and model#) for sales by Duncan-Parnell and other survey and mapping dealers.
- Price to be matched does Not include discounts from any loyalty or membership programs.
- Price match does not apply to:
- Auction site pricing
- Used, rebuilt or refurbished equipment
- Only one price match per customer.