Drone Based LiDAR
Survey Hard-to-Reach Areas with Ease
As a surveyor, UAV systems, or unmanned aerial vehicle systems, are an easy add-on to your current offerings, allowing you to expand your business without having to add to your team. For effective aerial surveying though, having the right equipment is a must, and not all UAVs are created equally. For the applications land surveyors use drones for, it's about total UAV systems complete with drone surveying equipment, software, workflow, training and support. Intuitive and integrated systems that are easy to use ensures that you’re able to seamlessly add aerial surveying to your workflows and get off the ground immediately.
You already trust Duncan-Parnell with your surveying needs and now we’ve partnered with leading manufacturers to provide you with an easy and comprehensive way to introduce aerial surveying into your workflows. We offer industry-leading UAV systems, designed with surveying workflows in mind, along with the payloads, software, accessories and support you need to succeed in the field.
Microdrones mdLiDAR1000LRLearn More
Quantum-Systems Trinity F90+Learn More
Quantum-Systems Qube 240 PayloadLearn More
ANAFI Ai 4G Robotic UAVLearn More
ANAFI-USA Thermal DroneLearn More
Quantum-Systems Oblique D2M Five-Lens RGB CameraLearn More
mdINFINITY SoftwareLearn More
mdCOCKPIT AppLearn More
QBase 3D Mission Planning SoftwareLearn More
PIX4Dmatic Photogrammetry SoftwareLearn More
PIX4Dmapper Photogrammetry SoftwareLearn More
PIX4Dreact Fast-Mapping SoftwareLearn More
Applications for Professional Drones:
- Corridor mapping
- Contour mapping
- Digital Twin Creation and Maintenance
- Highway construction
- Construction site monitoring
- Environmental changes and more
The Benefits of LiDAR for SurveyingThere are several benefits of using LiDAR for surveying. These include that LiDAR technology and LiDAR systems take instantaneous measurements. Mobile LiDAR systems are also extremely accurate, with some models of drones accurate down to the centimeter.
A LiDAR scan works like radar and uses remote sensing methods for field data collection. To gather data, the drone emits infrared light pulses and waves, then waits for them to reflect back. The time it takes to get a response is translated into measurements, letting the drone carefully calculate the exact measurement of the object.
LiDAR can collect millions of precise measurement points per second. After doing this, it comes up with a 3D matrix that can be used by the team to work on mapping.
Why Use Drones for Surveying?
Different Drones for SurveyingThere are different kinds of drones to use for surveying, depending on the project. The two most common types are fixed-wing drones, which fly like airplanes, and multirotor drones, which work like helicopters.
For the most part, people commonly use fixed-wing models when they need longer flight times over larger areas. Comparatively, the multi-rotor drones cannot stay in the air as long and are able to cover less space over the same time. Thinking of the models as airplanes and helicopters, airplanes cover longer distances, but helicopters have excellent vertical accuracy. The same is true of fixed-wing and multi-rotor drones.
For example, at Duncan-Parnell, we carry the MDLIDAR1000LR, which uses long-range LiDAR with a 26 MP camera. This is a multi-rotor model capable of producing geospatial data collection. Another model we carry, the Trinity F90+, can be outfitted with a LiDAR scanner. The fixed-wing drone has an extended flight time of up to 90 minutes and good vertical accuracy, which is unique among competitors. Normally, it uses eVTOL mapping, but when outfitted with the Quantum-Systems Qube 240 Payload, it scans with LiDAR accuracy as well.
Why Choose Microdrones
We partnered with Microdrones because of their reputation for superior aircraft design, industry-leading flight times, increased resistance to harsh conditions and smart integration.
- Rain and Heat Resistant: Microdrones’ molding process keeps electronics and wiring protected from the elements you may encounter in the field. These systems are resistant to rain, sand and salt – so you can trust your device flying even in harsh conditions.
- Reliable Motors for Minimum Downtown: Microdrones utilizes brushless, low RPM motors and large props that work seamlessly and efficiently to provide unmatched performance.
- Stable Flights for Precise Results: Micro-controlled drive systems instantly respond to changing winds to maintain the proper flight altitude. When mapping, stable flights deliver more accurate and precise data.
- Robust Housing and Components: The occasional rough landing is unavoidable, but robust carbon fiber construction is built to withstand. Carbon fiber is also used to insulate interior components so you can fly even in extreme temperatures and humidity levels.
- Stable and Enduring Configuration: Microdrones utilizes a plus sign (+) shaped configuration to create a more practical and stable device. With a motor on the front, the rear and each side, the airframe remains more stable in level flight and during turns. This configuration uses less energy to maintain stability, allowing the extra power to go towards carrying heavier payloads.
- Proprietary Operating System: Microdrones’ lean, proprietary operating system, mdOS, serves as the foundation for a flexible autopilot, so you can customize it to meet the specific needs of your mapping project.
- Plan, Monitor and Analyze in the Field: The mdCockpit tablet enables you to plan, monitor and analyze your mapping mission. It contains all the tools you need to quickly set your fight plan and waypoints with just a few flicks of your finger.
- Tested for High Voltage Fields: Fly your Microdrones UAV near power lines with confidence. Microdrones’ quadcopters are rigorously tested for interference up to 380 kV in a high-voltage lab.
Why Choose Quantum-Systems
Designed, engineered and manufactured in Germany, Quantum Systems’ eVTOL fixed-wing sUAS unite the convenient handling of a multi-rotor drone with the efficient aerodynamics of an airplane into one system.
Quantum-Systems’ patented category of drones have a short phase of transition between the vertical take-off and reaching the desired flight altitude. No runway or extra equipment is needed for take-off or landing, and landing is smooth and controlled thanks to shock-absorbing landing gear. These features reduce harm to the sUAS and sensors for an extended product life.