Measuring parts using traditional methods is a time-consuming process prone to human-error. Using an Artec 3D scanner dramatically reduces the time it takes to measure an object and produces accurate data that can be used to create a fully formed 3D model. Artec 3D scanners allow you to digitally capture complex objects that were once deemed impossible or too costly to scan.
What is 3D Scanning?
3D scanning is a process used to capture the shape of an object resulting in a 3D file. There are many different types of 3D scanners that range in resolution, accuracy, ease of use and object-size capabilities. 3D scanning is used to gather data in industries such as:
- Science and education
- Industrial design
- Art and design
Why use a 3D scanner?
3D scanners give you the ability to capture data on an object that doesn’t have a CAD file or previous measurements to use as reference. The digital file provided by 3D scanning can be saved, edited and 3D printed making it useful for preservation, repairs, replication, reverse engineering and quality control.
We offer award-winning Artec scanners that are easy to use, portable, fast, precise and produce colorful high-resolution 3D models. If you’re unsure if your business could benefit from the addition of a 3D scanner, consider some of these common applications below:
- Reverse Engineering: Use 3D scanners to customize, reconstruct, improve or alter parts and products.
- Industrial Design and Manufacturing: Get the data you need faster by scanning objects to get precise measurements. For products or objects that require custom packaging or support, 3D scanners can be used to generate a 3D model in order to bring the part to life quickly and accurately.
- 3D Documentation: Before 3D printing an object, a 3D scanner can be used to gather the data needed to create a digital file.
- Quality Control/ Assurance: Without a 3D model, how can you be sure the parts you are producing are following specifications? 3D scanners can ensure quality and adherence to CAD to prevent costly remakes and mistakes.
Why Choose Artec?
Since its start, Artec has made a name for itself as an innovative company and a global leader in handheld 3D scanners. With Artec, you know you’re always getting the most cutting-edge technology capable of maintaining its ease-of-use while acheiving professional results.
Artec’s portable, handheld 3D scanners are optimized for a variety of applications and easy to use for new and experienced users alike. Artec’s state of the art 3D technology and dedication to innovation is a staple in the following industries:
- Industrial design and manufacturing
- Science and education
- Art and design
As a global leader, Artec has earned multiple awards for its 3D scanners:
- 2019 Golden Mousetrap Award, best device in Test & Measurement category – Leo
- 2018 New Equipment Digest Innovation Award – Leo
- 2016 New Equipment Digest Innovation Award – Space Spider
- Best 3D Scanner Under $50,000, iReviews – Eva
Why Duncan-Parnell for 3D Scanning?
The 3D scanning industry continues to adapt and advance and you can rest assured that Duncan-Parnell will stay ahead of the curve by offering the latest and greatest in 3D technologies. As a Gold Certified Artec vendor, our team of 3D experts participate in regular trainings to remain proficient in the newest 3D software and equipment.
Our team will meet you where you are and are able to effectively prescribe the right 3D solutions for everyone – from 3D beginners to experienced engineers. We offer comprehensive Artec scanning support services to quickly provide technical help via phone or perform troubleshooting, maintenance and repair. This means when you do business with us, you’re getting our 70 years of experience and can trust you’re always receiving the most vetted products and services.
We know your business is important to you and with over 70 years of experience, we strive to provide expert assistance and quality equipment to help you succeed. If you are in SC, NC, GA, VA or D.C. and want unbeatable support from a trusted source, contact our team here at Duncan-Parnell.
Duncan-Parnell 3D Scanning Services
Our 3D scanning services are a great option for any business that doesn’t have the budget or full-time needs to justify purchasing their own scanner. Our team can scan an object and provide you with a complete CAD file for it. If you need your part 3D printed as well, our services work together perfectly to digitize your object and create a 3D print of it.
Our team will scan and create a digital file for whatever part or object you need. Use our scanning services to:
- Capture CAD data on a part
- Scan and prep a part for 3D printing
- Compare a completed part to its specs
If you have a part you want to replicate, digitize, print or edit, 3D scanning is your answer. Our team is able to provide Artec scanning services to scan anything from small complex objects to items as big as cars.